Final Fantasy X – Potential Remake? We hope so!
As you may have already read about, there is a rumor going about that the HD port of Final Fantasy X may well be more than a port, but a full remake of the game, potentially using the Final Fantasy XIII Crystal Tools Engine.
Here are some details:
- Use the same engine that Final Fantasy XIII and adapted to PSVita.
- All that is made from scratch with the new engine is the design of the characters, the aeons and stage elements.
- The sets and scenes in HD remasters CGI will implement a “filter” FFXIII Engine.
- The magic and some lighting effects are achieved with the new engine “Luminous”.
- The Blitzball undergo small changes.
- Online options will include (not yet known details).
- The release date in Japan in fiscal 2012.
Now while we don’t want to hope to much lest we get all disappointed, I am definitely too excited if this should happen, especially with the character design. As you might know, I am a huge Yuna fan. Having already hyperventilated seeing glimpses of her in Dissidia Duodecim, the chance to see her again in this potential remake just makes me all jittery to replay the game all over again. I’m not all too keen on the online options, but the rest looks all good.
What about you? Are you excited? Or maybe you just want them to remake Final Fantasy VII already…